Vortex SD2 14’0 x 23.5” ULTIMATE CARBON - SUP RACE
Fast race and transition board for first time racing.
- Shipping & delivery information
- Trusted shops rating of 9.2
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Delivered within 2-5 working days
The shipping service time does not factor in order processing time, which can be up to 2 additional business days. Nor do they factor in non-business days, which can add additional days to the elapsed time between when you order and when your product arrives, depending on the day of the week you order. Keep this in mind when ordering.
The Vortex SD2 is based upon our successful Vortex, multiple winner of the 11 Cities and other premier events and past world record 24hr distance record holder. The Vortex SD2 or ‘Special Development’ includes key features, such as a deep stand in area, beefed up square sides and hardened / sharp rails from the mid section back which has resulted in greater stability, greater paddler control and we've beefed up the nose area 2 sets of scupper holes serve to drain the deck dry when moving and in the event of water ingress. Our premier pro-level board at 20.5″ width, is remarkably stable, though we also offer 21.5″ & 23.5″ versions. A superb performer in flat and medium choppy waters.
SPECIFICATIONS and FEATURES
Stand in-side standing area
Scupper drain holes
Stable for relative with
Top transition board to racing
Flat and medium water states
Hydro-dynamically advanced design
US Box for universal fin fitment
- Deck Pad Very comfortable, non-slip EVA foam pad. Promotes long-lasting foot comfort and reduces fatigue, backed by high levels of grip and traction for more control while paddling and an improved level of stability.
- Handle Central carry handle, positioned for balanced control in low or high winds and forward side mounted grab and drag race handle.
- Valve An air expansion valve is featured within the deck to release expanded air from the inner foam core due to heat build-up to prevent deformation.
- Base Material Carbon epoxy laminate with EPS foam core
- Box Type Single US Box
- Deck Profile Marginally dished
- Rail Profile Hard rears, soft from mid point
- Tail Profile Square
- Handle Design Webbing and neoprene
- Level Intermediate to Advanced
- Materials, care & storage
- Material Description Twin layer carbon fibre composite with EPS inner core. Vacuum bagged and oven baked to produce an ideal dry weight and super strong finish.
- Care Avoid high impact with rocks and objects which my cause damage. Do not leave exposed to strong sunlight for an extended time. If securing to car roof rack, do not over-tighten straps.
- Storage For outside storage, use a board bag for the protection of your board. Rinse with freshwater before storage. Minimising any exposure to the elements. If you can store indoors, store on horizontal or vertical vertical rack. Avoid heat sources.
- Supboard type Racing
- Color Blue / White / Orange
Board Length Board Width Board Thickness 14' 23.5" 10.82"
- Board Volume (L) 393