One of the most beautiful, purposeful looking performance race boards on the market today. The Vortex is seriously quick and no part of its design is without purpose or reason. Best of all it’s not so unstable that it can only be ridden by gymnasts - it’s forgiving and loves to be paddled hard. The choice of Champions!
The Vortex changed the way designers and paddlers understood board design and was not long after it's winning ways and publicity, that others began to copy. The difference being we implemented this ancient design concept into our boards before others for a purpose and with reason and understanding. Dolphins aren’t shaped the way they are for no good reason and as over-used as it may sound, form will always follow function.
- From the outset the brief was simple - as fast and as stable as possible.
- Clean entry and clean exit lines are essential for efficient hydro-dynamics.
- Using a sturgeon nose principal of creating a bow wave which is thrown backward not forward.
- This encourages water to wrap and disperse quickly and cleanly.
- The Vortex creates one of the cleanest bow waves you will every see and experience.
- Paddling this board is not as challenging as you might imagine.
- Lowered standing area improves control and the secondary buoyancy is reached very quickly preventing dramatic rolling.
- Smooth glide and for less effort great distance travelled with each stroke taken.
GUINESS WORLD RECORD BOARD for greatest distance paddled in a 24hr period (male or female set by Seychelle Hattingh USA)
FASTEST RECORDED BOARD (by female paddler) TIMED OVER 300m set in Bavaria 2016 by Seychelle Hattingh USA.
MULTIPLE WINNING BOARD OF 11 CITIES 220KM RACE
2015 Steeve Teihotaata 1st, Seychelle Hattingh 1st, British Champion Winning Board
2016 Steeve Teihotaata 3rd, Seychelle Hattingh 1st, Janneke Smits non-stop winner, British Champion Winning Board
2017 Rete Ebb (2nd 27km Time Trial final day), Lena Ribiero (1st), Petronella van Malsen (2nd), British Champion Winning Board
Key features: For flatter waters, long distance cruising or racing
VORTEX 'PRO' 14’ x 23.4” x 252lts (59.4cm) - Optimum for paddlers up to 80kg
VORTEX 14’ x 26" x 259lts (66cm) - Optimum for paddlers up to 80kg
- Approx 9.7kgs Single Carbon + PVC foam core
- Grab handle
- 10” US Fin Box
- Dual set of scuppers (drain holes)
- Dual leashes (Front / back)
- FCS deck insert
- Double to single concave
- Super quick and long glide
- Suprisingly stable