Wavecomp 88L | Custom made order
AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER
The perfect board for not-so-perfect side or cross-on shore conditions and perfect for where the priority is early planing, speed and excellent manoeuvrability.
- Shipping & delivery information
- Trusted shops rating of 9.2
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Delivered within 2-5 working days
The shipping service time does not factor in order processing time, which can be up to 2 additional business days. Nor do they factor in non-business days, which can add additional days to the elapsed time between when you order and when your product arrives, depending on the day of the week you order. Keep this in mind when ordering.
The perfect board for not-so-perfect side or cross-on shore conditions and perfect for where the priority is early planing, speed and excellent manoeuvrability. Our Custom Wavecomp 88L has the right features to excel at a world-class level. Designed as a mid-length board, this provides improved speeds over shorter boards and greater comfort and control over choppy waters. In addition, a flat section of its rocker provides the secret to its outstanding performance. Jumping at full speed at Pozo or sailing in the Mediterranean sloppy waves, the Comp is a perfect fit. The volume and shape are designed to increase the thickness of the tail with the positioning of the fins and footstraps set further towards the tail. This greatly improves performance sailing in cross and cross-onshore winds. The hull features a double concave fading into a V tail section providing the best compromise between easy of handling and speed. A flat section rocker line between the straps area allows the board to plane easily and reach its top speed quickly. The PVC double sandwich, with double thickness in the stress areas combined with a carbon/kevlar + biax carbon layup, gives the board the best compromise of light weight, strength and durability.
- Included equipment
- Fin Maui Fin Company (MFC) set 1 x 18 and 2 x 10cm. The RTM epoxy fibreglass construction ensures a lightweight fin with a fast flex response. Fit US base.
- Foot Strap Maui Fin Company (MFC) straps x 3, 7mm neoprene padding, internal adjustment system, single or double-insert compatibility, maximum comfort
- Deck Pad Dual density footpads with shock absorbers
- Base Material Carbon, Innegra, Epoxy
- Box Type 8" US Box/Powerbox + 2 x Mini Tuttle
- Deck Profile Domed
- Rail Profile Soft towards nose with tucked under edges
- Tail Profile Swallow / Fishtail
- Materials, care & storage
- Material Description CAD/CAM shaped using 15 kg/m3 EPS core and laminated with PVC sandwich, double layers in stress areas. Biax and unidirectional carbon in the standing area, biax and unidirectional carbon+innegra deck skin and unidirectional carbon130 S-glass bottom layup. 6” US rear fin boxes and 5” US side bites.
- Care Avoid high impact with rocks and objects, which may cause damage. Do not store leave exposed to strong sunlight for an extended time. If securing to a car roof rack, do not over-tighten the straps. Protect rail edges with padding to prevent crushing. Use a board bag. Repairs with epoxy only.
- Storage For outside storage, use a board bag, created specifically for the protection of your board when not in use. Rinse with freshwater before storage. Minimising exposure to the elements especially strong sunlight. Store indoors, on horizontal or vertical rack. Avoid heat sources. Do not top load with heavy items.
Board Length Surface area 7’4 (224.5 cm) Volume 88L