Our commitment to quality products made from durable materials is evident in every Mistral SUP board. Thats why we offer a strong warranty for our products. If, for some reason, you have an issue with your SUP board that you believe is covered under this warranty, please contact the dealer where you purchased your SUP boards, or your local authorized Mistral SUP dealer if that is not possible.
Warranty Pertaining to Mistral Inflatables, Hardboards and Windsurfing Equipment
This limited warranty against manufacturing defects, excludes all other warranties, expressed or implied, including, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with regard to Mistral SUP boards, paddles and accessories. It excludes any incidental or consequential damages or expenses resulting from any defects. Mistral Red Dot Divisions aggregate liability will be limited to an amount equal to the consumers original purchase price, paid for the defective product.
Some state, country, or provincial laws do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. To the extent any limitation or exclusion contained herein is contrary to any country, state, or provincial law, such limitation or exclusion shall be severable and all other terms herein shall remain in full force and effect and are valid and enforceable.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights. For consumers who are covered by state, country or provincial consumer protection laws or regulations, the benefits from this warranty are in addition to all rights conveyed by such consumer protection laws.
On-Line Warranty Registration
Fill in the form within 2 weeks of purchase in order to ensure its validity and activation. Retain your original purchase receipt for presentation in the unlikely event of a warranty claim and contact your dealer or the authorised distributor in our international distributor locator, should a claim be necessary.
The on-line registration form can be found here.
Terms and Conditions
For the original retail purchaser (“Consumer”) Mistral Red Dot Division BV provides a 12 month, one (1) year warranty, against material or manufacturing defects of the hull and accessories against material or manufacturing defects from the date of purchase.
Limited Warranty Details
We guarantee our products are free of defects or damage caused by workmanship or materials, for the duration of 12 months after purchase date.
This warranty commitment does not cover any other claim conditions in relation to damage or defects, associated directly or indirectly as a result of the following -
- wear and tear arising from both normal and casual use
- extremes of weather or environmental conditions
- cleaning with any liquid other than cool, fresh water
- temperatures > 40 and < 2 degrees centigrade
- prolonged storage in temperatures >30 and < 2 degrees centigrade
- while in the possession of a freight carrier, including air transportation
- as a result of loading, unloading or dropping by any party
- as a result of over tightening on a car or rack systems
- by accident, neglect, improper use or handling
- being towed by any additional means
- use for any activity other than its intended purpose or limits of design
- structural or dimensional modifications
- repairs made by any third party other than MRD
- storage of inflatable boards within a bag when wet or damp
- incorrect folding-over of fin boxes
- collision with any object stationary or moving
- jumping directly onto a board from an elevated height
- random acts of aggressive or unreasonable behaviour during use of the product
- storage of the product in either damp, dark, ventilation free areas
- use of non-standard fins, larger than specified
- use of the item after a claim is lodged where additional damage occurs
- colour fading or variations as a result of UV influences
- failure to fresh-water rinse equipment after each use
- salt water crystallisation resulting in fading, deterioration or failure of materials
- failure to make dry the product before storage
- failure to follow instructions of use supplied with the product or at the website
- failure to follow the guidance of handling and use by your retailer
- use of excessive force, including over-tightening, pushing or twisting
- dragging of product over abrasive or sharp surfaces
- use of board or paddle by a person of a mass, exceeding design and material limits
- loan of the product by the owner, for any commercial purpose
- use of products where use is not intended
- use in excessive winds where impact damage may be likely
- breakages / damage which occur in the surf or rapid rivers are not covered
- over-inflation of boards beyond 18psi
- over-tensioning of outhauls or in-hauls
- folding of the inflatables along fin box seam causing deformation
Obtaining Warranty Service
If you have a problem with your SUP board and you suspect that it may be due to defective materials or workmanship, contact the nearest authorised Mistral SUP dealer and arrange to have the problem inspected. The Consumer is responsible for delivery to, and pickup from, the closest authorised dealer.
If a Fault is Found by Your Dealer
If as a result of the dealer’s inspection they indicate a defect attributable to materials or workmanship, Mistral Red Dot Division B.V. will repair or replace your Mistral SUP board free of charge at the Company’s discretion. Proof of purchase will be required and is valid only to the original purchaser. Mistral Red Dot Division B.V, does not cover transportation or tax related expenses under the conditions of the limited warranty. We will also require detailed photos showing the problem in order to process any claims.
Repairs in a Country When not the Original Country of Purchase
If service is required in a country that is not the country of purchase, the consumer will comply with all applicable export laws and regulations and be responsible for all customs duties, value add tax (VAT), and other associated taxes and charges. For international service, the Mistral SUP Distributor may repair or exchange defective products and parts with comparable products and parts that comply with local standards.
Mistral Red Dot Divisions Options
Mistral Red Dot Division BV, retains the right to satisfy warranty via repair or replacement of products or of components deemed defective. In addition, Mistral Red Dot Division BV reserves the right to replace original Mistral SUP boards or equipment with comparable current products.