SUP FIN Silver Tip 8" POLYCARBONATE - WEED FREE RACE/TOURING
Polycarbonate, weed-free, raked design, medium aspect ratio SUP fin, designed for maximum lateral stability and minimal drag at low speeds.
- Shipping & delivery information
- Trusted shops rating of 9.2
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Delivered within 2-5 working days
The shipping service time does not factor in order processing time, which can be up to 2 additional business days. Nor do they factor in non-business days, which can add additional days to the elapsed time between when you order and when your product arrives, depending on the day of the week you order. Keep this in mind when ordering.
Stand-up paddle boards travel at relatively slow speeds. They require a fin capable of providing lateral resistance to keep the board travelling in a straight line, offer a smooth turning circle, and resist the tail moving side to side during the paddling phase. Designed for maximum lateral stability and minimal drag at low speeds. Ideal for 12’6 SUP race boards in low winds and calm waters.
Our raked fin design has a surface area of 36.6in2 / 236cm2, provides just enough angle backwards to keep the fin weed-free in most normal encounters with debris. The raked angle means the board can turn smoothly without too much effort from the paddler, using weight transition through the feet, rail to rail, or by use of the paddle or both in combination. Highly raked fins make for wide smooth turns but lack directional stability as supplied with most SUP boards, while straight, high-aspect fins hold a straight line but are hard to manage in the turns. Our design offers the best of both qualities and has been specially created. The fin base is a universal fin box head fitment, with brass pin and screw and plate securement.
Raked design for weed-free performance
Optimum rake for directional stability and turning
Low-speed design specifically for SUP
Universal base with a brass pin, screw and plate fitting
Durable polycarbonate construction
Thumb turn screw
- Materials, care & storage
- Material Description Polycarbonate
- Care Take care to avoid high impact with rocks and objects which my cause damage. Do not leave exposed to strong sunlight for extended time. Use 150 grit sandpaper to sand out any rough edges from time to time if needed.
- Storage When not in use secure in bag supplied and fit screw and plate to the heel of the base in order to avoid loss. Store out of direct sunlight and rinse free of salt crystals.
- Color Blue
- Board Weight 180g